CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Grandma Cathy



I haven't written about Mother's Day yet because, needless to say, it is a hard day for me. But I have to say that all in all, it was a good day this year. We went to church and then we headed off to Salt Lake to go visit grandma Cathy's grave. I talk to Madelin a lot about how she is in heaven. Madelin asks what she's doin' and I tell her she's hangin' out with Heavenly Father and Jesus. Madelin's reply every time is, "I wanna hang out with them too!" So when we got there it was like she was ready to just hang out. She helped me put water in the vase and put her purple iris in it. Then she gathered yellow dandelions to put in the vase, so they could float in the water and make it prettier. Then she showed Grandma Cathy her somersaults all around the headstone. It was so nice to have her there with me. Even though having kids that don't know her is one of the hardest parts about her being gone, it is also what makes it a light and happy thing to visit her. Owen just sat very still in the grass, unsure if he wanted to crawl around in it. Brett had such a sweet idea to color over the headstone with paper and this is the picture. Madelin's middle name is Cathy so she thought this was pretty cool. That night we had all of Brett's family and my pops over for some grub. Luckily I have thee best Mother-in-law there is, which helps fill the hole in my heart. XO to you LuWain!

14 comments:

jackproc said...

That is so sweet. Reading this post made me cry. I love you selena and know your mother would be proud of who you are today. :)

J & K said...

what a great idea!! Madeline looks so cute holding up her work!!
When are you coming in July??? I leave the 5th and won't be back till the 27th.

Jeana said...

Oh Selena, I thought of you so much that day and just hoped that you were doing ok. I am amazed at the mother that you are and just hope that someday I can be like you. I have to ditto your comment about LuWain, she is pretty great!

Steph&Brock said...

I love that Madi did somersaults for her.... what a sweetie!

Kim said...

Hi Selena (& Brett, aka Elder Proctor),
You don't know me but I served in SC with Brett. I met his mom at a training a couple weeks ago and she told me you guys had a blog so I googled ya and well there you go. You have the most adorable family and I loved your post on Mothers Day. I also think you have a great mother-in-law - I'm excited to work with her more and get to know her better. Tell Brett hi and feel free to check out my blog.

Kim (aka Sister Knighton)

Erika Gunn said...

Selena Quelena! I love the blog. The kiddos are so cute and getting so big. I thought of you over Mother's Day. Cathy was amazing--I am so glad I got to meet her. We miss you guys.

Amanda said...

That is perfect...what a great idea your husband had!!!I'm sure your mom is smiling down on you every second of the day!!! You are such a great mom!!!

Lori said...

I have the same issues with Father's Day. I feel your pain.
Welcome to the blogging world. I blog about like you do.

melissa said...

i miss your mom too! she always had a sense of humor. cute picture of you both! see u tomorrow...muah!

Kara said...

Hey friend. It's Ker-Ker! I'm a new blogger too, and I am already addicted. As hard as it might have been it sounds like you are doing such a great job at teaching your kids about your great mom. They are so lucky to have you!

Jay & Mel said...

No way did you find our blog. I love checking my email to see who has found us. I would love if you linked our blog on yours. Your family is so darling and I can tell by your pictures and the stories that you are such a wonderful mom. Where are you living. It sounds like it is in Salt Lake and if so I am here at my parents house in Layton for a week and would LOVE to come see you and let our kids play. You can either get on our blog or email me at mellouise7@hotmail.com. I hope to hear from you. It has been forever!

Treion Muller said...

Selena--your family is so adorable--don't you love how pure and wonderful kids are? Sonsi wants to know if you are still performing and how long you have lived in Lehi--her email is sonimuller@yahoo.com--maybe we can get together sometime?

Welch TLC said...

Selena!! Wow, I am having flashbacks to madrigals,Brandon Epperson, and Sarah McClauclin (spelling?)and choir tour all just by seeing your photo. It is great to see you and your family. Your Daughter is gorgeous just like her Mama. I am sorry to hear about your mother. I only visited with her a number of time yet she made an impression. What a women! It will be great to keep in touch,I love blogs for that reason.
Laura

Ashley said...

That is such a cute idea with the crayon tracing. It made me want to cry picturing Madelin doing somersaults for you your mom, so sweet. You look gorgeous as always too!