CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 29, 2008

Bear Lake

Madelin in her baggy swimsuit, overdoing the hands on the hip pose



We went to Bear Lake at the end of July. It is something my mom's side of the family has done for years. I grew up going there and have years of wonderful memories there with my cousins, boating, water skiing, getting thrashed around on those boating tubes together, playing in the sand, roller blading, hunting for boys, etc. Madelin had so much fun playing with what I call her cousins. Really they are my cousins kids and since my cousins are like my sisters, that's what they are. They rode their little bikes around and kicked balls around on the grass and played in the sand. There are pictures here of my cute uncle Tom giving Madelin a little pull around ride on his sail boat. She thought that was awesome. My cute aunt Diane planned it and let us stay in her condo with her. She had such fun things for the kids to do. A pinata filled with loads of candy, a saw dust money search, little crafts to do. She is so great. Aunt connie had goody bags for all the kids so they really got spoiled. It was really nice to spend a whole weekend with everyone together. I love my cousins and aunts so much. They are all so good to me. It was really easy to think of my mom the whole time and miss her even more, because my aunt Marian looks more and more like her the older she gets. My mom was like 10 years younger but aged so much in that last 3 years of being so sick. It feels like I am hugging her when I hug Marian, and feels like I am holding her hand when she reaches over and holds my hand. It makes me miss her, but I love the feeling too. Anyway, sorry to get sad, but it was a really wonderful weekend with some of the people I love most in the world.


Brett finding a new way to contain our spastic toddler




The sugar addict finding all the tootsie rolls she can





Me and my supermodel in denial cousin Amy

5 comments:

jon and kir said...

Madeline is so sassy!!! I love it!

Jeana said...

Oh, I love family. So glad that you had a wonderful time.

suzy's jewels and gem said...

looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Madeline is sooo stinkin cute:)

Jenn said...

so happy you got to go do that. I love how you're so close to your cousins. Those kids are gettin so big... right under my nose.

Watkins said...

LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD A GOOD TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY. I BET IT WAS NICE TO HAVE YOU ALL GET AWAY TOGETHER. I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO BEAR LAKE, I NEED TO GO I HEAR ITS LOTS OF FUN.