CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 23, 2009

Funny Madelin... again!

I cut Madelin's hair three days ago. When we were cleaning up I asked her to take my scissors and comb and put them on my bathroom counter. I specifically said "don't play in there, just come right back out." Well, she played... and she cut a small snip out of her hair, right in front. It isn't too bad or noticaeable, so i am not posting a pic of it. The funny part is that I told her 'no treats for 3 days' since this is by far the most horrible thing that could happen to her (in her mind), and at the moment I was rather miffed. So today, on the third day, she is begging for a treat. She got a cough drop and she felt really lucky! Just now she looked at a pack of gum sitting on the counter and asked, "mom, why does gum have to be a treat?" I said "I don't know, it just is. Sorry." Then she said "it's because Heavenly Father sent it here to be a treat.....and Jesus did too." So cute and so funny!! She always makes me giggle. I love her. That's all, just had to share!

9 comments:

Tara Hoppie said...

Madelin really is a cute one. I love her haircut, by the way. And I didn't even notice the little piece she cut off until you pointed it out. Seriously, you got super lucky with that one!

I hope you don't mind that I embellished the eyebrow story just a smidge for entertainment's sake. It just seemed funnier with a little bit of drama! Thanks for helping me in all the ways you did. You are a great friend. Love ya!

suzy's jewels and gem said...

She is really a little firecracker!!!! I love her little tibits!!!

This Franklin said...

Ahh, what a cute response. I love how their little minds work.
Sometimes I hate having to follow through with something I said...but since Allen doesn't understand "changing my mind," I have to be consistent. Good job mom!
P.S. I love you Johnny Lingo soundtrack music playing. :)

Amy said...

Hi Salena! Just found your cute blog. Don't you just love blogging. I love keeping up with everyones cute families.

Liz Laudie said...

Kids sure have a way of melting your heart as they so innocently relate such ordinary things to Jesus. Adorable!

Que Onda Clines said...

oh I have been meaning to tell you- when we watched your kids Madelin started saying, " ok. it's time to pick some juicy apples." Every 10 min. or so. It was hilarious!

Kara said...

So cute! She says some pretty cute and funny things. we are coming to Utah at the end of February so maybe we can get together.

Watkins said...

OH MADELIN AND HER SWEET TOOTH! I LOVE HER, SHE IS TOO FUNNY! HOPE YOU ALL START FEELING BETTER!

sara2delta said...

ugh i LOVE your daughter!!!!!