CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 23, 2009

Late Valentine Blog!

I DIDN'T DIE OR GET SEVERELY INJURED!!
So, Brett Wayne and I went skiing for my second time ever and his millionth. He was so sweet and patient as I crash dummied my way through the day. (Thanks sweetie) At the end, I made him take a run or two by himself so he could do some of the advanced stuff. I will admit I did pretty dang good for a beginner, and for being on of the most accident prone people I know; but I am bruised and ultra sore now! 'Twas a beautiful and sunny day. We were sweatin' under our coats. Thanks go to Jennie for the use of her skies, poles, and helmet. (Which got good use since I smacked myself in the head with my pole while trying to keep my balance!) Ha, such a nerd. Also, thanks to Jackie and Hillary for watching our kiddos so we could spend the day together.

LABOR OF LOVE!!
About a month ago my handi-man hubby built food storage shelving for me. The first one is rolling racks for canned stuff. (Got the idea from the Bunderson's) I love 'em! The other is just normal shelves. It is so nice the have space for all that kind of stuff. Thanks Bob! (The builder)



SISTA BROTHA
The older they get, the more they play together and take care of each other and get along. Yes, they still have daily thrashings on one another and always will, it appears, but they really do love eachother.

VALENTINE'S DINNER
Brett and I aren't big fans of waiting three hours to sit down at a restaurant on V-day. So, we stayed home, got chinese take-out, and had a candle light dinner with the kids! They loved it. Luckily I was smart enough to strap Owen into his chair before I lit the candles. When I lit them he said "oooooo!" If you are ever looking for a good chinese place, Chin-Wah in Sandy is delicious! It made for yummy leftovers for lunch, after church the next day!

Owen eating Avacados while we waited for dad to get back with the grub. He calls them "cados"


Madelin's chocolate covered strawberry. (She eats the chocolate only) Just as she eats the frosting and not the cookie or cake, or the 'frost' off of frosted mini wheats and never the wheat!



Madelin being cheesy about the valentine 'scene', if you will.


Our Sweet Darla is due in a few days with 7 babies!



We love our doggies!
Madelin takes good care of them and tucks them in for naps!



sibbling snuggle on the bean bag! (Thanks Melissa)We use that thing to death!














11 comments:

sara2delta said...

i hate skiing!!! youre so brave to keep trying!!

we're the same about valentines. your kids are so darn cute- i love seeing new pics of them!

jason isnt a handyman by ANY means, so im jealous you got one in brett....

Kara said...

I love this post. Everything was so fun to look at. You still make me laugh so hard! I totally pictured you being a crash test dummie down the slopes, and I pictured being there with you laughing my head off. You're kids are so cute, and so are your pups. So exciting to get new puppies! Love ya!

suzy's jewels and gem said...

Cute post and pictures!! I can't wait to see the puppies!!

jon and kir said...

I love Mads hair!!! So cute!!

Watkins said...

THAT IS SO NICE YOU HAD A DAY TO GO SKI WITH YOUR HUBBY! IM EXCITED FOR YOUR LITTLE PUPS TO COME!

Burton said...

Hey girlie, I haven't seen you in few. So Bentley calls Avacados greens, your boy is a little more advanced! So where do you keep your food storage? I need some help in that dept. Oh and can I please please come see your puppies?(of course when their older) I have always wanted a french bulldog and would love to come see them!

Lisa said...

Darla looks like she's gonna pop! love your food storage - very jealous of that!!! LOL You all look great and good job on the skiing, i quit that a while ago!

Ashley said...

Fun update. Yes, you are lucky to have a handy man that will build you shelves... so great! I have only been skiing twice so I would probably be about the same. Looks like a fun Valentine's dinner!

melissa said...

selena...skiing!! wow i would have never guessed. you both look like pros in that picture..sometimes that is all that matters. okay so i freaking LOVE madeline's hair. and it looks like owen might need his own bean bag. love u guys

The Reeds said...

Hey, I found your blog through Ashley. Your food storage organizing looks great. It gives me hope for mine. I would be embarassed to show anyone the mess I have in the dungon room downstairs. At least I can find stuff though. It is the next project on our list.

This Franklin said...

Wow! Selena I'm so jealous of your food storage area! It looks awesome. We're just now selling our trailer and heading out in a few months. It's sad but exciting!